From bridesmaid dresses to boutonnieres, the trend for a 2012 wedding is to have less symmetry than ever before! Standing at the altar with carbon copy bridesmaids is out, while letting your bridesmaid choose dresses in different colors, styles, lengths, and patterns is in. Let your bridesmaids wear a dress that fits their own unique figure, style, and personality. And, that they will wear again!
Although mismatching is the trend, we suggest keeping a central theme in order to keep the entire ceremony unified, polished, and stylish. The possibilities of how to pull this trend off are endless! Here are a few tips:
- Pick the exact same dress in the different tones of your wedding color palette. This creates a stylish look and gives your bridal party a pop of color.
- For the groomsmen, let them choose from different colored boutonnieres or ties.
- Use the same color, but different shades. This idea works great for both the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Pantone color books or paint fan books from your local hardware store make great sources of inspiration to start.
- Give your bridesmaids the exact color and fabric you would like them to wear and let them come up with their own dress.
- Want to keep it simple? Have the same dress for all of your bridesmaids and mismatch the accessories. From necklaces, shoes, bouquets, and earrings, you have an endless amount of possibilities!